Monday, August 11, 2008

This one is boring...

It is late, I am awake, thus I shall blog.

OK, so if you have read any of the past tripe that I have posted, you can probably deduce that things are not exactly as I would like them to be. The last blog was my rather rusty attempt to write something in a literary fashion. Of course it was based on the current situation, but it was not a cry for help. Here is the deal, I am in therapy (the whole world breathes a collective sigh of relief...) my therapist thought that I should try to express my feelings in a creative way. Singing isn't my favorite right now, I don't have the will for craft projects, and well that is it... writing it is, so now you are stuck with me...

On to more interesting news, did I tell you that my therapist is from the KC area and went to college at the college that my mom and brother went to? No? Did I tell you that she was illicitly ordained as a Catholic priest? I know, funny! She is from Kansas?! Ok just kidding... I don't think that it is widely known that she was ordained as a priest, the only way that I found out was through a back issue of the Oregonian at the Dr's office. At any rate, she is a good therapist, whatever... Just funny given that most of my professional and personal life revolves, in some sense, around the Church.

Not a lot to say about Emillie, things are here. No news is good news...

House is put together, I have this new love for decoupage... I have a desire to glue bits of paper to well, pretty much everything. First order of business, the French table in the Dining Room.

Girls are good, growing at an exponential rate. Erin has work drama, I could use a little. Sometimes feel like I barely have a pulse.

Really would like to travel to KS, damn tickets are a budger...

I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I would like to contact some of the relatives that I have spent the better part of 16 years avoiding. Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, just interested.

I guess this all came about when we found out that my maternal grandmother has forgotten the greater part of the last 20 years. Maybe it has improved my chances with her. The cousins are coming out of the woodwork, some via myspace, some from the web, just odd. I had rather forgotten that we were related outside of the practical necessity for a family tree. Not that I don't want them, just don't have a real connection to them at this point.

In less serious news, I have experienced a serious of rather absurd pratfalls lo these last three weeks. Twice I have fallen, a la Dick Van Dyke into a flowerbed (one while getting out of the car at our house, once in front of the girls school.) I fell one time coming up the stairs to our house, scabbed my elbow (I don't remember the last time that I had a scab.) Perhaps most spectacularly was the fall out of Charlotte's bed. I had decided to line the girl's drapes in the hope that they would sleep past sunrise. This required a stint on a step ladder and then on the antique Swedish pine bed that the girls both have slept in. I stupidly took a step back, caught myself on the stupid rail, flew into the air, narrowly missed Abigail's iron bed, and landed on my shoulders. Two chiropractor visits later, I am nearly back to my original height. You may ask: Are you an alcoholic? No, I wasn't even drinking. Maybe your thinking that I have a brain tumor? No, I had an EKG a while ago for other things, nothing more abnormal than this. Really, I think that I am constantly being followed by leprechauns that are thwarting me in my attempt to find their pot of gold, wait, did I write that? No, really, I am fine, just old, and don't have the balance that I once had (the 2-stone extra that I have put on is surely no help as well.) As a precaution, I ordered new glasses... That is all, told you it would be boring.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I am a walking bruise these days...fell up the stairs, fell down the stairs, tripped while carrying boxes on the 3rd floor, fell walking up the ramp at the kid's school. Lookin' good let me tell you.

And on the therapy, glad it is going well. Maybe we could get a family rate and do some video conference regression sessions.

Mr Zakky Pants said...

There is the quote in Absolutely Fabulous, I think it is the funniest thing in regard to therapy

Adina to her mother: I am going through false repressed memory therapy, I'll get something on you yet. It is all coming to me now, you in a wood with a hood..."

Ah therapy!