Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Vague and Nonsensical

It is interesting how seemingly un-connected people can be of great help. I recently called a person who had no need to return my call. This person is peripherally connected to Emillie's disappearance. His name came to me through a weird twist of fate and 35 dollars paid to the Florida State Department of Vital records.

His name and address was listed on a document, a quick web search and there was his phone number. It took a minute, but I called and left a message detailing the situation and trying to connect his name to my sister, I then hung up.

I did not expect to get a call back, after all, who am I to dredge up something painful from his past in an effort to shed some light on something painful in my present. Alas, at 3 this afternoon, he called. He connected some dots and asked for Emillie's picture. He, did not know her but said that he would be glad to help.

There were a few epiphanies, enlightening moments into the character of Emillie's Floridian companion. A little information about the woman that connected said companion to my sister and that was all.

I e-mailed the pictures tonight. Funny, how a person so far removed can be so present.

That last statement could refer to the man who called me today, it could also refer to my sister whom I know so little about.

In this process I have found out so many things about so many different people, none of them related to me. So little of this knowledge falls into my usual categories of interest, not sure where to file at this point. Just odd and sad.

I am sorry if this is stupidly obtuse and vague, but, well, consider the source...

2 comments:

ZERD said...

Sometimes the Absent Ones are more present to us than those we see on a daily basis. It can be a great gift--time together out of the constraints of Time--but it can also endanger the wonders of the current moment. You need these moments with A, C, and E, too, so don't be afraid to be Here and Now with them. It is not a betrayal to love your family and enjoy your life.

jennifer said...

i agree with zerd. again, it is not a betrayal to love your family and enjoy life.

do what you need to do to sleep at night, but try not to lose yourself in the process.

much love from all of us. xoxo