Monday, March 10, 2008

My name is Zakk, and I am an addict...

I think I have a problem...

You see, I like to adopt stray furniture and home accessories. I find them laying about in the trash, at the Goodwill and on Craigslist.

It started with the delusions of a business some time ago. This has never really worked out, you see I have trouble letting go, I mean really, they are like little children, they might feel abandoned...

In the end, our house is rather fantastic, most of our furniture came via the trash or Craigslist. I have painted and polished, sewn and re-wired this place into a veritable frenzy of domesticity. From the $150 Chippendale sofa, to the collection of vintage furniture gleaned from a woman moving to Texas FREE, to our $250 6'3" grand piano. Really, who couldn't pass up prices like these?

I can't help it if one of my greatest joys in life is polishing vintage silver scored at the Goodwill! Who are you to judge me!

(Don't tell my wife, there are two vintage chandeliers hiding in the crawlspace... She doesn't need to know! They were free, jeeze...)

The pine bed frame in the back of the Volvo just needs a coat of paint! Don't touch that buffet, it just needs some TLC, come on ! I am recycling...

Don't worry, I am seeking help...

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh, I am so glad you are finally coming clean with your addiction...the first step to cleansing your soul is cleansing the crawl space! ha ha! ps-addict is spelled with two d's.
love,
your super-sonic wife