Saturday, March 29, 2008

Let them eat wallpaper...

There is a reason that wallpaper has gone out of fashion... I recently took it upon myself to wallpaper the inside of a little french provincial china cabinet. It was perhaps not such a good idea to use a wallpaper with a 36 inch repeat with a HUGE botanical pattern. Needless to say it turned out quite lovely, however, there was a great deal of cussing etc.

I got the wallpaper from Miller paint, a remnant of a fabulous Brunswig and Fils for $10, marvelous! At any rate, I had the opportunity to touch De Gourney, hand-painted silk wallpaper that retails for $1000 per panel (not roll! A 36 inch panel...)

I priced Zuber paper, you know the stuff that got Jackie O in trouble in her redecoration of the White House . You would not even believe the price... Holy shit!

Sorry, had to dork out for a moment. Carry on...

No comments: