Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stupid Facebook groups

Come on...

So I started this group on Facebook in an effort to spread the word that Emillie is missing. My hope was that more people would see the picture and info and we might find out some new info.

It has worked actually really well. Some really great things have come out of it. That being said, I am going to bitch for a moment:

If I invite you to a group in an effort to find my missing sister, and you do not accept the invitation do not then continually send me updates on your group whose purpose is to track your weight loss. Somehow this seems assey to me. I really do not care how fat or thin you are, I joined your group because I wanted to show some support. Whatever...

I know, I am crazy. You don't have to tell me. CRAZY!

2 comments:

Yogini said...

I've had similar experiences. I started a Facebook group for my missing friend, Lilly Aramburo last year. I thought the friends in my network (Miami, FL)would be more willing to help spread the word. Especially since Lilly has never received any media attention. After one year, the group has about 50 members. A few months ago, started another group, this time not making the mistake of keeping it within Miami, FL. People were a lot more embracing. My city has not been very supportive. And I tend to get those silly invitations all the time, too (from Facebook friends)and sometimes it really gets under my skin. Because out of my more than 300 friends...only about 50 have accepted the invitation to the groups & cause for Lilly.

I can appreciate your situation. Raising awareness and seeking justice for a missing loved one is a struggle. Sometimes it's very overwhelming. I hope you have a lot of support.

Peace be with you:)


http://www.justiceinmiami.org

Mr Zakky Pants said...

Thank you so much for all of your help this last week. I feel like I have a purpose in raising awareness in this. I can't believe that there are so few resources for missing adults. At any rate, your comments have been very helpful. Warmest, Zakk