Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The joy of Hymns to the hymns of hymns... and others

Funny, a nun at my job and my therapist are both from St. Mary's College in Leavenworth, KS. This is the place where I spent a good bit of my time during high school, the college that my mother and brother both attended and the location where I took my first voice lesson. Odd...

Other odd things of late, well, mostly, my Job, I will summarize my verbal response to several "composers":

Hello ____________

Yes we did receive your composition "Sacred love of the heart of the
most sacred sacred places in the heart of sacredness"

Actually we have chosen not to publish you piece at this time, this
decision is not...

Mr. ________, I am not sure that that is a judgement that you are really
qualified to make considering that you have never seen my genitals...

Mr. ________, that is not a nice thing to say about my mother...

Mr. ________, you realize that we are a religious music publisher and this
is not helping your case...

Mr._________, could you please not take the Lord's name in vain...

etc.

Weird! Or how's about this one:

Ma'am, well part of the reason that we decided that we are unable to
publish your song has to do with the rhyming scheme, you see, the planet
Venus, is never mentioned in the Bible and therefore is rarely of need in a
Biblical hymnal thus eliminating the need for you to rhyme it with the
word "penis" in your song: "I Love you God!"

ODD...


1 comment:

ZERD said...

Hilarious! Is the title "Sacred Voices Lifted Sacredly to Sacredly Sing Sacred Songs of the Sacred Oozing Wounds of Our Sacred Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ" already taken? If not, then that's what I'm going to name MY piece.