Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thoughts of Emillie

My sister is missing, it has almost been two years. This is sort of eating away at me so bear with me.

It was Christmas of 2005, Emillie called to say that she was sending me some gifts for Abigail my oldest daughter. After a couple of weeks I assumed that she had forgotten or had blown me off. I got some calls from Emillie about 3 weeks later, I didn't pick up because I am stupid, she didn't leave a message for whatever reason. Flash forward to the following April, I was cleaning out our side yard and came across several UPS packages hidden beside our yard waste trash can, I almost shit myself, they were from Emillie. I ran inside and opened them, a Winnie the Pooh puzzle, and a beautiful white teddy bear that lights up to keep a child company in the night. I tried to call Emillie to no avail, her douche bag fiance informed me that she had left and didn't have a telephone. I called around, police can't help, there is no evidence that she is in danger. My mom did an identity search, no information. We posted things on Craigslist, Myspace and Facebook, no answer.

Tonight, Abigail (who is now three) and I went to Mass at Saint Phillip Neri in Portland, OR. We came home and had bath time and got ready for bed. After a few stories we repeated our nightly episode of prayers, repeating all of our family members names. We came to Emillie and I let it slip that she was "lost" Abigail became very concerned, saying that she "wanted her here with me." I tried to explain, and Abigail told me that she wanted Auntie Emillie to "run to her."

Tonight she went to bed hugging that beautiful white bear.

Emillie Hoyt, if you are out there, run home to us, we all miss you...

No comments: